David Grant, former businessman and current academic, is coaxed into running for Congress as an Independent. In doing so, he enters the bizarre world of national politics, testing his abilities and moral compass. However, when the country finds itself in the middle of a constitutional crisis, Grant discovers he is in a unique position to save the country, yet it might also destroy all he values in life.
Available on Amazon in paperback and ebook.
“This book provides a great insight into American politics and the complicated issues that have a direct impact on political careers and our nation.”
—Robert Mayers, Author of The Forgotten Revolution and The War Man
“I found this book a satisfying reading experience as I ponder the state of affairs with seemingly insurmountable obstacles for effective leadership. It’s also a fun book to read!”
—Vivian Fransen, Author of The Straight Spouse: A Memoir
“A really gripping political thriller. A real page turner.”
—Phil Lear, Author of Writer Interruptus
Discussion Questions for Book Groups
- Would you consider David Grant more or a liberal or conservative?
- How would you relate the plot to today’s political environment?
- Which character appeared to be most like a real-life politician?
- Which character was most responsible for the events on the story?
- Which character would you like to meet? or can relate to?
- Which was the least likable character?
- Did this story raise your awareness of the political process?